Raccoon proof latch?

BreezyChKn

Chirping
Jun 10, 2021
We just bought the producers pride sentinel as a transition coop for our two little chicks between the brooder and the large coop with the big girls.
The latches are so easy to open it makes me nervous about a raccoon or even a good windy day. (Currently I have everything tied down with wire, but that is only temporary).
Any idea on what we can use that would be small enough? I am having a hard time finding something small but secure.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210621-121544_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210621-121544_Chrome.jpg
    266.9 KB · Views: 103
We just bought the producers pride sentinel as a transition coop for our two little chicks between the brooder and the large coop with the big girls.
The latches are so easy to open it makes me nervous about a raccoon or even a good windy day. (Currently I have everything tied down with wire, but that is only temporary).
Any idea on what we can use that would be small enough? I am having a hard time finding something small but secure.
No. That's easy to pop open.

Because it's a steel structure with close proximity that may not fit standard latches, I'd lean toward drilling a hole in each side and install an eye bolt, then perhaps bend the threaded shanks so the eyes line up better or are closer together so you can secure with a carabiner. Hopefully that made sense, did in my head.
1624315295300.png

Back
Top Bottom