Raccoon

Jparsons

Chirping
Dec 18, 2018
Had a raccoon enter my ducks fenced run tonight the ducks were locked in there shed so no harm, I couldn't get a good angle to get a clean shot, so I shot and missed it. Will it come back tonight or any after being shot at?

Yep. there is a great possibility that he really wants some chicken for dinner, and is willing to fight for it.

Had a raccoon enter my ducks fenced run tonight the ducks were locked in there shed so no harm, I couldn't get a good angle to get a clean shot, so I shot and missed it. Will it come back tonight or any after being shot at?
They are relentless it will come back here is what you do to get rid of them get 2doz of the hottest peppers you can get your hands on put them in mixer crush them up take juice and all and put it around your yard and you won't see them again (reapply after big rain)

In answer to your question......animals don't know what guns are, so have no perception of what danger lurks from the loud noise and don't think to themselves "geeze I almost got shot......I better not go back there". So not, a gunshot won't scare them away. It is just a loud noise to them. They may spook at the noise, but it won't deter them from coming back.

I have a relative, who while deer hunting, had a chance to shoot a deer at close range, so pulled his pistol. Proceeded to empty an entire clip on it and missed with every shot. Deer just stood there with bullets whizzing past it....looking around and wondering what was the cause of all the commotion.

x2 on Dukes DP traps. I used them before I installed an electric fence. I baited mine with chicken feed. The chicken feed stays good unless it gets rained on and it doesn’t attract ants. They worked great! I placed mine where I knew the coons would try to gain entry to the coop and caught every coon my area. Your local feed stores may carry them in stock so check around. Also be sure to buy the tool used to set the trap, they are kind of hard to set without one.

x2 on Dukes DP traps. I used them before I installed an electric fence. I baited mine with chicken feed. The chicken feed stays good unless it gets rained on and it doesn’t attract ants. They worked great! I placed mine where I knew the coons would try to gain entry to the coop and caught every coon my area. Your local feed stores may carry them in stock so check around. Also be sure to buy the tool used to set the trap, they are kind of hard to set without one.
The traps can be quick and easy to setup. Still use fencing in longer run.

They are relentless it will come back here is what you do to get rid of them get 2doz of the hottest peppers you can get your hands on put them in mixer crush them up take juice and all and put it around your yard and you won't see them again (reapply after big rain)

hi! We just had a raccoon (at 7:30am sun had been up for 1.5 hours) come out of the forest and try to get our birds. We have an enclosed pen and the raccoon slipped under their run. Do these peppers really work? Our birds free range when we are outside, do you think they would try to nibble at it? Thanks!

hi! We just had a raccoon (at 7:30am sun had been up for 1.5 hours) come out of the forest and try to get our birds. We have an enclosed pen and the raccoon slipped under their run. Do these peppers really work? Our birds free range when we are outside, do you think they would try to nibble at it? Thanks!
Yes it really works and no they won't not unless they are completely bonkers

Back
Top Bottom