Raccoon

The traps can be quick and easy to setup. Still use fencing in longer run.
Yeah we are looking to purchase some of those traps for the night, also back to shooting at the raccoon, at the time it never crossed my mind to pay attention to where the bullet flew and pretty sure it was a brass shell casing .45 caliber pistol ammo. Should I be concerned of them finding and eating the casing, and if they have already ate it is it poisonous to ducks. I have searched and searched today and to no avail could not find it.

Yeah we are looking to purchase some of those traps for the night, also back to shooting at the raccoon, at the time it never crossed my mind to pay attention to where the bullet flew and pretty sure it was a brass shell casing .45 caliber pistol ammo. Should I be concerned of them finding and eating the casing, and if they have already ate it is it poisonous to ducks. I have searched and searched today and to no avail could not find it.

If you get a dukes dog proof google to how to make the trigger push or pull. It's really simple and doubles the chances to trap catches a coon. Honestly I'd suggest this as it comes already with push pull trigger http://www.ztraps.com/productdetails.asp?productid=1532641&directoryid=12226&title=Ztraps-Brown
but dukes seem to be easier to find as most feed stores carry them.

For bait marshmallows IMHO are the best to use in them. Coons love sweets and a big marshmallow shoved down in the trap is hard to get out making them work for it IE better chance of tripping it.

My 2 pet coons eat our table scraps and we love super hot food. They might be used to it but hasn't ever seemed to bother em. Now granted I aint feeding them my ghost peppers straight out of the garden.

Last edited:
I'd be more worried about where that bullet went<yikes>
The shed is next to a hillside the bullet went into the hill side. Wouldn't fire it some where un safe. That's why I was concerned if the ducks ate the casing or if they could even eat it

Back
Top Bottom