Raccoon

Trapping raccoons is absolutely effective. People raise chickens many different ways. Locking them up in a small coop and run 24/7 isn’t for everyone. The birds will undoubtedly suffer some health issues being locked up like that. Besides raccoons carry all kinds of diseases, worms, fleas etc...you shouldn’t exactly want them wandering around your chickens even if they can’t reach them to rip their heads off.

Hmmmm.........normally I'm willing to overlook a lot when it comes to coons.....and other predators. But this current bunch of coons finally crossed the line and it was time to do something about it.

So last night I took out 4 of them (4 for 4 on the dog proofs) by the sweet corn patch. Buzzards are circling as we speak. Still after a big boar seen on the game camera. The one I think has been eating the corn stalks even before the ears set on. Not sure how he got past my hot wires, but did. I know he got smacked pretty hard by the hot wire bait can, as I have video of it, yet he is still hanging around. So hot wires came down, electric poultry netting (which I really don't like to mess with) went up, and traps went out. He gotta go.

On another front, somebody not only entered the barn, but then crawled up into the rafters and onto the ceiling of my enclosed shop......and managed to find a hole I didn't know existed to get into the secure shop area to tear up stuff. That was bad enough, but the egregious mistake this one made was to relieve it's bowels.......on of all things........a body grip trap setting tool, which was laying a shelf, along with some trap anchors and other misc. stuff. That one was just begging for it, so 220 body grip in a bucket set is waiting for him to come back, should he go for an encore.

For some reason, this bunch of coons reminds me of the Riverbottom Nightmare Band for those that can remember who they were. They seem to have the same attitude.

For some reason, this bunch of coons reminds me of the Riverbottom Nightmare Band for those that can remember who they were. They seem to have the same attitude.
: D
I remember Emmett Otter!

Riverbottom sounded vaguely familiar, but I had to look it up. Didn't realize it was that old - I would have seen it in the mid-late 80s when I was a kid and I thought it was new then.

Back
Top Bottom