Raccoons!

I know, I was referring to those who only gave the advice of shooting the raccoon. 'Cause there was at least three of them and only one of you so maybe the OP missed yours. I didn't mean to get on y'all's case, it just seemed that most people just think of their own situation and don't stop to consider that the OP's might be different...:)
That's called giving advice. Sometimes the majority of the advice given isn't so popular with some. I gave advice on the information that was provided, not my situation as you accuse.

Your correct, we don't know the exact situation the OP is in. It's up to the OP to gather info and decide what's best.

That's called giving advice. Sometimes the majority of the advice given isn't so popular with some. I gave advice on the information that was provided, not my situation as you accuse.

Your correct, we don't know the exact situation the OP is in. It's up to the OP to gather info and decide what's best.
I never thought I'd be drawn into one of these discussions...🤨
Hope you have a happy Easter!

You're not leaving too much room for discussion or sharing of opinions tho. Even if someone were only talking about their particular experience or position that's usually how people learn and share.
It may not have been helpful to OP but it was still advice🤷🏻‍♀️
I personally don't agree with the advice, but even if it was redundant or unhelpful people have every right to chime in on a public forum with their own experience.

once theyve included your place in their 'rounds' they will be after your chickens from now on and youll get hit randomly .. if your coop isnt real secure they can break in, dont underestimate, theyre strong enough to break into regular chicken wire, and if pickins are slim on their rounds, they will try harder, how it goes .. once they do get in, especially if theres a 'pack' theyre liable to kill every one of your birds .. so, what you can do is feed them as a preventative to distract them, dry cat food will work, make sure theres plenty, nightly, and they wont be bothered to focus on your coop .. once you got them regularly feeding and figure them out you can set them up for an ambush .. its not cheap but if your gonna keep chickens its a worthwhile investment to get at least a .25 caliber pcp airgun, .35 is better, and an infrared night vision scope and keep it setup in a window on the food bowl .. eliminate anything hanging around your yard at night feeding, no exceptions ..

once theyve included your place in their 'rounds' they will be after your chickens from now on and youll get hit randomly .. if your coop isnt real secure they can break in, dont underestimate, theyre strong enough to break into regular chicken wire, and if pickins are slim on their rounds, they will try harder, how it goes .. once they do get in, especially if theres a 'pack' theyre liable to kill every one of your birds .. so, what you can do is feed them as a preventative to distract them, dry cat food will work, make sure theres plenty, nightly, and they wont be bothered to focus on your coop .. once you got them regularly feeding and figure them out you can set them up for an ambush .. its not cheap but if your gonna keep chickens its a worthwhile investment to get at least a .25 caliber pcp airgun, .35 is better, and an infrared night vision scope and keep it setup in a window on the food bowl .. eliminate anything hanging around your yard at night feeding, no exceptions ..
I agree with most of what you are saying, except for feeding the things.
Also most of the .25 cal air rifles are just about as loud as a .22lr, so a suppressor is recommended.

These are actually super beneficial! Just one eats about 5,000 ticks a year and they can't contract or carry Lyme disease, they also eat insects, snails, small rodents and dead stuff. Plus 95% of them are immune to Rabies. I've never had a tick problem and the mice that used to be around my house are non-existent since the coons and possums moved in.
This guy was just a baby when I found him in my feed, he's a big boy now😄
IMG_20221008_002906524.jpg
IMG_20221008_004432572.jpg

These are actually super beneficial! Just one eats about 5,000 ticks a year and they can't contract or carry Lyme disease, they also eat insects, snails, small rodents and dead stuff. Plus 95% of them are immune to Rabies. I've never had a tick problem and the mice that used to be around my house are non-existent since the coons and possums moved in.
This guy was just a baby when I found him in my feed, he's a big boy now😄View attachment 3787717View attachment 3787719
It's a total mith that opossums eat ticks.

Back
Top Bottom