Race is on...need advice

wannabchick

Songster
9 Years
Nov 27, 2010
Northen Va
I am in a race now..who can finish their pen first.

We know I have the fence up, but the netting is laying in the ground still

What size toggle bolts, tangle bolts..what are they called?

I want to connect wood directly to the tree to use as a way to raise the netting above the tree.

I figure I have so much 2x4 , and 2x6's laying around..

Figured I could just climb up the tree and try to connect a couple of boards to the tree to raise the netting above the limbs

But I don't know what a toggle bolt is, nor do I know what to buy at home depot?

Also do I use a drill..lmao

I don't know what that type of bolt is and what tool I need..don't anyone laugh at me either......

Thank u

If you are sistering up your 2X4's like what was described in one of your other posts, then your posts will now be 3" thick. Now you want to get bolts to go in the tree at least 3" so get 6" lag screws. They are big with a pointed end and a bolt head on the other. Drill a pilot hole about 1/2 the size of your bolt and use a ratchet to screw it in. You can use a few ratchet straps to hold it to the tree while you secure it.

Quote:
Thank u
But wouldn't a 2x4 or 2 x 6 board be 2 inches thick?

I see boards all over my backyard..so staring at the tree today, I thought cant I really just stick a long board to it?

It would then be a board running vertically on an angle cause the tree is crooked..lol

I thought wow that sure would be easier then post, concrete, beams , more boards..etc

You think that would work?

Pilot the hole using what size drill bit?

And I will purchase then 6 inch lag bolts...

Thank u again

A 2X4 is actually 1 1/2 X 3 1/2! The pilot hole needs to be about half(or smaller) than the size of bolt you buy. It just needs to be big enough that the tip of the lag screw can start in the 2X4.

Last edited:
Oh so we are racing LOL. Lets see..... How bout the winner gets the other ones peacocks
lau.gif
LOL no way just kidding.
I am pretty much done just need the netting and a bird house, well the peacocks too. Haha
smile.png

Good luck!!!

C&Rman :

Oh so we are racing LOL. Lets see..... How bout the winner gets the other ones peacocks
lau.gif
LOL no way just kidding.
I am pretty much done just need the netting and a bird house, well the peacocks too. Haha
smile.png

Good luck!!!

Look us.. today is now Tuesday.. your gonna loose.. your gonna loose. your gonna loose

hehehehe

just trying to syke you out!!!!!!

I am going to win.. I am going to win.. I am going to win..

am I syking you out yet??? hehehehehe... winkity wink​

Back
Top Bottom