Rafiki...

Yes she has red/orange flecks through the feathers on her neck and around her head... her main feathers are a blue/black/green/purple colour depending on the angle of the sun....
If she was caged up with red sex links it's not much of a stretch to assume she's a black sex link : D The blue/green/purple is just the "beetle sheen" that comes with black feathers, it's one of my favorite parts of our black birds ^^ She's a really pretty lady, she doesn't look like a gamefowl but she does look quite a bit like a black sex link, you should get some nice eggs from her : D

If she was caged up with red sex links it's not much of a stretch to assume she's a black sex link : D The blue/green/purple is just the "beetle sheen" that comes with black feathers, it's one of my favorite parts of our black birds ^^ She's a really pretty lady, she doesn't look like a gamefowl but she does look quite a bit like a black sex link, you should get some nice eggs from her : D
Ok thanks... now to my knowledge a sexlink is the same a leghorn we don’t really have sex links in Australia so I’m assuming they are one in the same breed....

I have no guesses and know practically nothing about chicken breeds.

I just want to commend the wonderful job you are doing restoring her health.
Thank you... it’s amazing what TLC and the right food does and the fact that she free ranges during the day.... she was such a shy scared little chicken now she comes up to you and talks to you her personality has bloomed and she seems so much happier...

Ok thanks... now to my knowledge a sexlink is the same a leghorn we don’t really have sex links in Australia so I’m assuming they are one in the same breed....
Sex Links aren't the same as leghorns, its sort of a catchall term for the chicks resulting out of a few different pairings. Here in the US one of the most common pairings is Barred Rock Hen bred to a RIR or New Hamp Rooster, resulting in sex linked offspring : D

Black Sex Links and Red Sex Links (aka Production Reds, and many other names) are sort of 'hybrids' made by hatcheries

Sex Links aren't the same as leghorns, its sort of a catchall term for the chicks resulting out of a few different pairings. Here in the US one of the most common pairings is Barred Rock Hen bred to a RIR or New Hamp Rooster, resulting in sex linked offspring : D

Black Sex Links and Red Sex Links (aka Production Reds, and many other names) are sort of 'hybrids' made by hatcheries
Yep all good I looked it up...

Back
Top Bottom