1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Rain! Rain! I'm so sick of it!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by joanm, Jul 4, 2007.

1. joanm

joanm Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2007
    It just will not stop raining here! UGH! I’m sick of it! [​IMG] This is where my chicks will spend this 4th – keeping dry on the patio. Does anyone put straw or shavings in their runs? I put shavings, but with all of this rain it's such a huge mess.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 4, 2007
  2. Chelly

Chelly Cooped Up

May 11, 2007
    I'm sorry :eek:

I wish we'd get some - we are HOT and DRY out here - its just nasty!!!

3. Chellester

Chellester Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 22, 2007
    Nor Cal
    Hot and dry here too- going to reach 100+ degrees today. Yuck!!!

4. rufus

rufus Overrun With Chickens

May 17, 2007
    I can't even remember when it rained last, it has been so long ago. Everything is so dry, we don't even have weeds. We got up and mowed the lawn before sunup. It is probably going to be 120 today. If the summer rains don't show up, we are really in for it. I hate Pheonix.

Rufus

5. ThunderStruck

ThunderStruck Chillin' With My Peeps

May 18, 2007
    Sterling, Ohio
    Hot and dry here as well! We hit 110 yesterday, and we are suppose to get to about 113 today. and 115+ by thursday. No rain in site, in fact we havent had ANY rain since Feb 3rd and then it was only .14 in. In fact we have had less than about 1 inch of rain in the last 2 yrs total. The only saving grace is that our humidity is so low (about 6%) that it does cool down really nice in the over night to about 65 or so. But i guess it is the price we have to pay to NOT have to own a snow shovel. [​IMG]

Forrest

6. joanm

joanm Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2007
    Sorry guys! Guess I shouldn’t complain. On the up side, everything here is lush and green. My yard needs mowing, but I’d need pirogue to get to my tractor! And thank goodness we don’t have to shovel snow either![​IMG]

7. CoyoteMagic

CoyoteMagic RIP ?-2014

Send it North!!! We are in the process of being put under water restrictions because of the lack of rain

8. jackiedon

jackiedon Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2007
    Central Arkansas
    We have been lucky. A small shower everyday but just enough to keep everything watered except it brings the humidity really high 98%. Parts of Arkansas has been getting floods but we have just enough.

jackie

9. sara

sara Title Needed Here

Send the rain my way, DH dug me a pond, now I need rain to fill it![​IMG]

10. Cheri

Cheri Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2007
    Dayton, TX
    I would love to give you the rain we have. My grass is getting Ankle high.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by