Raining and no roof?

Feathers Acres

Songster
11 Years
May 31, 2008
Michigan
Yesterday are tarped ripped, but we didnt have time to get a new one
so we said we would do it tommrow afternoon sence it was suppose to rain around
Sat. well I just woke up now and it raining cats and dogs and thundering so hard!
will it be alright if my chickens get wet? they do have a house but I dont think they smart enough to go inside of it let alone, the other small ones.

will they be alright if they get wet?

Lets hope they have enuf sense to get out of the rain, however, if they are not aware of a "new" house (temporary accomodation with roof) then dont depend on them finding it. you can make a smaller temporary roofed sleeping place INSIDE the place they are used to sleeping at nite... have a kiddy tent or something you can put up in there?

mine have a house well almost 2 still working on second one.yet they stay out inthe rain only go in at night.I think they just love being outside so much that the rain dont bother them.

you can always stick some storage boxes with covers in their run for now just put a hole for them to get in. Herd a couple into the box to show them where it is and the others will follow.
I have pine shavings in mine and this is what we are doing till their coop is finished.
We had tarps to but the water just got in anyway.So we put the covers on the boxes and now they are nice and dry.

Back
Top Bottom