Raining!

vanilla.exe

Chirping
8 Years
Mar 21, 2011
North Florida, East Coast
Usually when it starts to rain there's thunder, so I get forewarned and I can get the chickens in their coop. Today it just started raining hardcore and I didn't notice until I heard the rain on the window. I don't *think* the rain can get to them in the run, it's covered. Is it ok to leave them out?

If ti si raingin really hard, mine will run for cover. If it is a lighter rain, they stay out in it. They do not seem to be bothered by it. Probably just glad it's not so hot. Although, they do hold their tail feathers pointed down if it is raining.

I hear you, I'm glad it rained here, for however short of a time. This week we finally got enough rain for the wildfires in georgia to go out, it was smoky here in florida for a few weeks because of them.

roll.png
My flock seems to enjoy a shower every few weeks. Especially Mr. Ben Ja~ Roo. He will stand out in the middle of the lawn during a hard rain. The hens all run for cover under the ramp of the coop.

I have not had any rain since my girls have been outside. I am curious to see how they react. It rained last night, but they were all in the coop.

If I put my chickens in every time it rained - they would never be out in the winter here (this year, they would probably still be in - it has been so WET). Mine do the same thing - they brave the weather if it isn't bad, but if it is coming down in buckets they stay in the house. If they are out in it, they dry off just fine. They don't look HAPPY, but they endure . . . that is why I appreciate the ducks -- they are made for the climate here : )

Back
Top Bottom