Rainy area, dry idea

Spudlo

Songster
Dec 11, 2019
Port Orchard, WA
My rooster Vlad always takes the girls up against the coop for safety. So does this not only make him feel safer but it's also dry. The entire run area is covered with wire anyway....but Vlad is a tiny roo and thinks he's "saving" his girls from hawks:) Stickers and striped table cover from Temu, old door off of marketplace, left over 6x4 posts, and some door/roof sealing tape. TADA ! Side note..thats a planter of mint, and the ramp to the window...is actually their chicken door. We bought the wifi coop door opener and instead of using the metal sheet we connected it to the windows
coop.jpg
coop.jpg

This is a great idea! Did you hinge the door to the side of the coop and then just rest the other side on the blocks?
Took a 2x4 ran the saw down one corner to give it a 20 degree angle. Then used some lag screws into the wall studs. Because the door was so heavy. The door and 2x4 then set flush. Then the legs just take some weight off the wall. I thought of hinges but I couldn't pick it up anyway, so we went more secure. I am going to add a short brick wall to block some more weather. I'm going to end up with a nicer greenhouse than I have hahaha

Cute idea and I love the mural. The whole entrance area really has a tiny porch vibe. :) I would've wanted to hinge it too but that's because I don't have a ton of clearance around my coop, so stuff needs to be move-out-of-the-way-able.

Back
Top Bottom