*Raise Hands for Swift Free Airways*

None of what has been produced since 1990 on can be called Country.

I listen to Willie
Waylon
Merle Haggard
David Allen Coe
Johnny Cash
etc etc etc

Well, yall get the idea, I love them ole outlaw singers from back when Country was Country and not pop music.

I agree with most of what has been said. Her and Carrie Underwood, they play their songs all the time. Luckily we have 4 country stations here so I channel surf alot of the time. One of the stations tends to play older country, lots of twang.

Then when I get annoyed with normal country I'll listen to some Colt Ford. After that I'll listen to some rock/metal but they play the same songs all the time. Lately I have been into Hollywood Undead, I found a couple funny songs from them, one is about emo kids and the other is about gangsters, makes me laugh.

Not all new country is pop now-a-days but most of it is. Some singers like George Strait are still country but others like Gloriana, Rascal Flatts, and tons of others are just pop. I'll take Chris Ledoux over all the new guys.

All of the older singers can actually SING, not use "auto tone" to make it SEEM like they can.
I agree with Carrie Underwood being annoying too, all she does most of the time is SCREAM.

And the Disney comment, I totally agree... Flavor of the week/month/year. Look at Miley Cyrus, Hillary Duff, Jonas Bros, Brittney Spears, etc. It's all about that tweenie audience. They know that's where the money is and they cater to it.
Like my husband says, "after the tweenie's attention fades, look for them at the nearest newsstand in the smut section."
Just my 2 cents...

Back
Top Bottom