Raising and releasing quail??

Planting things like milo and millet and any other seed bearing plants they can reach without jumping would be a good idea before you release maybe time your release with their bloom. Make sure you have plenty of brush piles and clean out water holes in advance so you don't have to disturb them after you let em out. If you raise them in a flight pen with with a dark house on one end (to catch them for release) and make sure they don't see you when you feed/water they'll be a lot wilder when you release them. Planting the flight pen with the same type of plants you have local and any you'll add for them will make sure they know how to forage when you release them. If rains a lot where you are make sure you run sprinklers on them before you release. They won't generate the oil to waterproof their feathers unless they get wet. Otherwise they won't be able to fly in the rain to evade predators.

Planting things like milo and millet and any other seed bearing plants they can reach without jumping would be a good idea before you release maybe time your release with their bloom. Make sure you have plenty of brush piles and clean out water holes in advance so you don't have to disturb them after you let em out. If you raise them in a flight pen with with a dark house on one end (to catch them for release) and make sure they don't see you when you feed/water they'll be a lot wilder when you release them. Planting the flight pen with the same type of plants you have local and any you'll add for them will make sure they know how to forage when you release them. If rains a lot where you are make sure you run sprinklers on them before you release. They won't generate the oil to waterproof their feathers unless they get wet. Otherwise they won't be able to fly in the rain to evade predators.
I thought about planting corn/sunflowers and things for cover and than food in the fall when it drops down,I might get some lower things to grow. And were building a grow out pen right beside are chicken pen and it's gonna be 20 by 20 and 6 feet high so I'm gonna raise them in there

Back
Top Bottom