Raising day old chicks - Has anyone used a Reptile 1

Clucky10101

Hatching
Apr 16, 2020
Hi, Im new to incubating eggs and day old chicks. My eggs are currently at D18 so I'm getting prepared. I have a reptile enclosure that has reptile 1(brand) Globes 1x 50w and 1x 200w (heat lamp I think). I'm yet to buy the globes to fit it. My question is... has anyone used this set up for day old chicks?

I do not know how your reptile enclosure looks, (size) also not sure how the heat source is mounted and placed.
A brooder for chicks needs to be sufficient in size. It needs to hold the feed and water. It needs to have area where it is warm and cooler, so chicks can choose area/spot where temperature is comfortable. The heat source needs to provide graduated heat decrease each week by lowering it 5°F
WISHING YOU BEST,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and :welcome

I do not know how your reptile enclosure looks, (size) also not sure how the heat source is mounted and placed.
A brooder for chicks needs to be sufficient in size. It needs to hold the feed and water. It needs to have area where it is warm and cooler, so chicks can choose area/spot where temperature is comfortable. The heat source needs to provide graduated heat decrease each week by lowering it 5°F
WISHING YOU BEST,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and :welcome
Both globe mounts are on the top. Its a glass top, glass bottom with large vents on the sides. 60 cm length x 50 cm high x 50cm wide. I figured it would be easy enough to clean with Puppy pad for the first week or two only

Both globe mounts are on the top. Its a glass top, glass bottom with large vents on the sides. 60 cm length x 50 cm high x 50cm wide. I figured it would be easy enough to clean with Puppy pad for the first week or two only
AND... THANK YOU for the welcome ;) We have purchase a second hand IM 72 egg incubator and purchased it for home schooling during the Coronavirus lockdown. This is giving me and my daughter a project to do. Fingers crossed we have chicks :) take care

We have incubated 48 eggs, one was leaking a brown goo so we took that one out and opened it up. it was an embryo gone bad and smelly. I'm hoping for 20.... or 10.... something....

Back
Top Bottom