Raising Eastern Wild Turkeys?

Thanks for the heads up. Maybe this thread will come alive again.
Yea I’m up for that. Here’s my go...
One of my hens hatched out a clutch. I think they are eastern wild. They are really neat birds but because they were raised by a hen they are now accustomed to roosting up in the barn. I’d like to encourage them to live out in the woods before it gets cold. Does anyone know if it’s possible to change their habits? Someone I know suggested I try to lure them out to the woods by establishing a feeding area out there.
Now I’ll just sit back and see if anyone is out there...

In Missouri you MUST have a permit.Also,you have to have pens to keep them in before your permit is issued.You cannot let them free range in Missouri.That was told to me by the Missouri Dept. of Conservation.I was wanting to raise some and there is too much regulation for me.I'll stick with the domestic stock.Take care.
Same in Ohio

Same in Ohio
Thank you for your reply. I’m in the middle of nowhere Canada. I understand the permit regulations in different areas. Perhaps I should have framed it as a hypothetical situation... like - once a permit has been secured, if a permit is needed, how could a person go about transitioning barn raised birds into a wooded area and does anyone have experience with that?

Wow thats a little sneaker if I ever saw one. (Which I did, because im a wild life officer in canada) Just joking

Back
Top Bottom