Raising Meat Rabbits

Pics
I feed the pellets and sweet goat food they love it also give them oats and sometimes a ear of corn mine are meat rabbits so I fatten them up
they grow out real big. I was told corn makes them sterol but I have lots of kits to prove wrong . Any ways they play with the cob its a nice toy for them too . I place a nice apple tree branch in the cage for them too when they eat all the goodies off of that they have a tasty chew toy.
also I give them stale cereal bread apple sauce cans of fruit they are spoiled I guess but very healthy.

Here's Leticia she weighs 25lbs and only a yr. old Flemish giant

I feed purina, but mine also get treats (romaine lettuce, banana's, apples, carrots, etc) and of course have salt licks.

My red doe has pulled more fur, so I'll be surprised if she doesn't kindle tonight... I'm wondering if we will even see them though. She is placing fur in the nest box, so I'm sure she will use it!

well this is an experienced mama so fingers crossed that they all make it to be teenagers!

My red doe has pulled more fur, so I'll be surprised if she doesn't kindle tonight... I'm wondering if we will even see them though. She is placing fur in the nest box, so I'm sure she will use it!

And?!!!!! Did she have babies?

By day two or three at the latest I pull the nest box and use a stick to move aside a little fur to check the babies, then but everything back where it was. I distract mom with treats.

Yes! She had her babies the night I posted that =)

I'm guess I'll check them today!

Back
Top Bottom