raising pheasants

Each state has their own requirements so you need to check with your local fish and game dept.I would guess you are talking about ringnecks?
In N.H.,Tony.

Yes sir, ringnecks. I did do some research and found out that you do need a license. One kind if you sell the birds and a different if you use the birds for yourself. Also, i think there is a limit on the amount of birds you can have on either permit. Thanks for you info, i plan on getting some late spring of 2016 or early summer. Thanks again. ihc 1256

How old are they when they start fighting each other. Will that be a big problem if you are going to butcher most of them. Also do you need a big run if you are not going to release to the wild. Thanks in advance IHC 1256

They will start fighting during the breeding season starting in March. This is a huge problem because they are very territorial and will fight to the death if there aren't enough females. They need about 20 Ft square per a bird

How many females to male is the right amount? Sorry new at this. I have 4 males and 6 females. In a 20 x 20 they are ring neck so far no fighting and they are really friendly. The eggs were given to me by a local neighbor who knows I raise bird's and Rabbits.

1 male can breed up to 10 hens in ringnecks.You need to take 3 males out of there very soon as the courtship season starts before the end of Feb.
In N.H.,Tony.

Back
Top Bottom