Ramp angle

neVar

Chirping
8 Years
Feb 23, 2011
Dundurn, Sask
OK so tossing around wether my ramp is too steep- I think it is-butthen i've got several who truck on UP it and down it ok on their own- the one always slides down- but she gets rolling and flies off- (My big silkie partridge girl) but she's a bit of a hoot that way anyway the one who's always leading the pack

At the top
284320_10150330898791071_612041070_10052479_6837912_n.jpg

Dad built it- they had the strips down then felt it was too slippery so added the chip board 'steps' on it- which have more grip (apparently) i'm thinking more strips would be better. but the silkies have such fluffy feathery feet not sure it would matter!

We could put it on a bigger block at the bottom which would lessen the angle a bit. But then again- 1/2 the chickens go up and down now on their own with no help.... hmmmmm

I think more strips/rungs is always better - although the ladder seems to collect more poo that way. Experiment a bit - try putting the end up on a block first to see if the lessened angle works better for them. If that doesn't work, add more rungs.

Looks fine in my opinion,mine is that steep if not steeper and some of my chics slide then fly down then some walk down. I guess it depends on what mood their in because when they go to bed the all seem to walk up it fine.

Back
Top Bottom