ran out of feed - what to feed the quail?

Discussion in 'Quail' started by bkvail, Oct 28, 2009.

1. bkvail

bkvail Chillin' With My Peeps

I am out of feed - I already went to town today and was back before the feed store opened. I am not going to town again until tomorrow - and they are hungry today [​IMG] What can I make them in the kitchen to tide them over until tomorrow? I have some buns in the freezer I could thaw out and toast for them, but seems like they didn't like bread when I tried for a treat.... I have corn, oatmeal, cereals (mostly sugary kinds), rice, what to feed what to feed! I have never done this before and I feel terrible.....

2. AHappychick

AHappychick Wanna-be Farmer

Dec 16, 2008
    westchester
    oatmeal and corn, srambled eggs, and if you have any split peas or dried lentils you can grind some of those up and add that as well. you can put in a little bread too. doesnt matter that much as you will be getting feed tomorrow

3. bkvail

bkvail Chillin' With My Peeps

thanks, I'll make them some scrambled eggs, that is quick!

4. DLS

DLS Chillin' With My Peeps

they like grass also

5. skywatcher

skywatcher Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2009
    Arlington,Indiana
    mine will eat squash tomatoes pumpkin grass peas can corn or corn meal the bigger ones will eat bread don't spoil them now? [​IMG] they will probably eat brownies but that will never happen around here

Last edited: Oct 31, 2009
  6. Goldlaced_Girl

Goldlaced_Girl Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2009
    New Hampshire
    Mine enjoy bananas [​IMG] (yes, that was my third try trying to spell bananas)

haha DLS, My cat is freaked out by your avatar [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by