Randall Burkey Company?

Ive used www.chickensforbackyards.com.

They have a minimum order of 3 chicks and reasonable prices.

OMG..when the babies arrived, they were packed WONDERFULLY warm and toasty.

Excellent customer service, healthy chicks.:thumbsup

On the other end of the spectrum, I made the Mistake of using Meyer Hatchery. :he

Now, I live in Northern Michigan, and the chicks were coming from Ohio.

I ordered :

1 Salmon Faverelles Roo
3 Partridge Cochin hens...

First, I followed the route of my babies, and the birds got LOST in the mail and ended up heading back to Ohio !
I called them and they said " Oh my, we have no idea why they are heading back to us, but Im sure they will get there ".

Well, 4 days later, yea, they arrived.

I knew it wasnt good news when I didnt hear any " Peeping " coming from the box which had just 1 hole on the top for air.

I opened the box right there and what I found was 1 " Partridge Cochin " ( which was what I DID order but later turned out to be the WRONG SPECIES..A PARTRIDGE ROCK) with " SPRADDLE LEG" and the other Partridge Rock baby Passed away right there at the PO !:(

I came home and contacted Meyer immediately to tell them about what happened , and the girl just said " sometimes these things happen, so Ill credit you for the dead baby ".

Next day, after trying Splints for the surviving Rock, she was just too weak, and I lost her , too.

What I had left was 1 SF roo, who has " brain damage " from being bounced around in the box due to the lack of bedding , and the PR who is OK.

I will NEVER USE them again.

I also ordered from mypetchicken.com and they are just wonderful, and birds arrived in FANTASTIC SHAPE..:ya

I would use them again for sure.

I dont mean to be long in writing this, but I just wanted to post my experiences to help You in your decision, as well as others.

Please make sure you do your research well, before you make any decision..:caf

I wish you luck in ordering your babies..:jumpy

Both Randall Burkey and Chickens for Backyards are located in my hometown. Both are owned by really great people. I would recommend them to anyone.

Ive used www.chickensforbackyards.com.

They have a minimum order of 3 chicks and reasonable prices.

OMG..when the babies arrived, they were packed WONDERFULLY warm and toasty.

Excellent customer service, healthy chicks.
thumbsup.gif

On the other end of the spectrum, I made the Mistake of using Meyer Hatchery.
he.gif

Now, I live in Northern Michigan, and the chicks were coming from Ohio.

I ordered :

1 Salmon Faverelles Roo
3 Partridge Cochin hens...

First, I followed the route of my babies, and the birds got LOST in the mail and ended up heading back to Ohio !
I called them and they said " Oh my, we have no idea why they are heading back to us, but Im sure they will get there ".

Well, 4 days later, yea, they arrived.

I knew it wasnt good news when I didnt hear any " Peeping " coming from the box which had just 1 hole on the top for air.

I opened the box right there and what I found was 1 " Partridge Cochin " ( which was what I DID order but later turned out to be the WRONG SPECIES..A PARTRIDGE ROCK) with " SPRADDLE LEG" and the other Partridge Rock baby Passed away right there at the PO !
sad.png

I came home and contacted Meyer immediately to tell them about what happened , and the girl just said " sometimes these things happen, so Ill credit you for the dead baby ".

Next day, after trying Splints for the surviving Rock, she was just too weak, and I lost her , too.

What I had left was 1 SF roo, who has " brain damage " from being bounced around in the box due to the lack of bedding , and the PR who is OK.

I will NEVER USE them again.

I also ordered from mypetchicken.com and they are just wonderful, and birds arrived in FANTASTIC SHAPE..
ya.gif

I would use them again for sure.

I dont mean to be long in writing this, but I just wanted to post my experiences to help You in your decision, as well as others.

Please make sure you do your research well, before you make any decision..
caf.gif

I wish you luck in ordering your babies..
jumpy.gif

You realize mypetchicken and Meyer hatchery are the same company. They ship from exactly the same facility. Call and ask them.

Do you guys have any opinions about Mypetchicken.com or Meyer Hatchery?

I have used Meyer many times. The birds I have gotten were BEAUTIFUL! All very active and lively and have never had one die or become ill in 4 years. I would recommend them highly.

I just ordered 5 Buff Orbingtons from Randall Burkey Company and the service is GREAT!!!!!
thumbsup.gif
So i am surely ordering from them again.I ordered the five chick special because I didn't want a large flock,they will arrive in two weeks I am so very excited!!!
smile.png

The customer service from Randall Burkey can not be beat! Love being able to talk toa real person and love having my phone calls returned. Ordered chicks from them just recently and would order from them again.

Back
Top Bottom