Randolph, nj ordinance change

garlil

Hatching
6 Years
Oct 30, 2013
looking For Randolph New Jersey residents interested in changing chicken ordinance in town. Many towns around us have changed their Laws. please email me if you're interested or know someone who is..

thank you

Last edited:
you need a minimum of 3 acres also your local zoning regulations apply concerning permanent structures same regulations is having a shed. I am trying to get as many people as possible together to ask the town to change regulations similar to Roxbury. there are a number of Roxbury articles online. also an exemption for 4h children.

That's ridiculous, i can understand not allowing roosters on less than 3 acres but there is no reason not to allow other resident to have hens. I'd happily support the change. Good thing you told me because i was going to get chicks from tractor supply in the spring

My husband and I are looking to move to a "chicken friendly" area. Does anyone know if anything changed in Randolph yet or if any other Morris County towns in NJ allow chickens? :)

Randolph you need 3 acres minimum, unless your neighbors are okay with it. the towN typically only has an issue if neighbors complain. Roxbury&Succasunna have more easygoing chicken laws. are you a resident of Randolph

hi I've had about three or four people that expressed some interest. I've also spoke to the zoning officer in Randolph. what we would need to do is put a petition together and get as many signatures as we could. we would also need to present a case to the Town Council on wWhy backyard chickens are a benefit the community. I spoke to a lady in Roxbury and went through the same process, there is also a lot of information on the Internet to help with this process. my son also belongs to the 4-h club, they are willing to help out with the process also. I also was able to get a list of people in town who have chickens, or have had chickens in the past. if you would like to get together send me an email and let me know, I will send you my cell phone number we can speak.

I am interested in raising some chickens myself. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help make a change so that we can.

Back
Top Bottom