Randolph, nj ordinance change

What ever became of this? We are looking to move into the area and I wanted a few chickens too. We are looking at a house that is shy of 3 acres.

Hey guys, I'm a little late to this party and have fourteen 9 week old chicks, and just got a notice from the town ordering me to remove the chickens and the coop because I'm only on 1.03 acres. What's the update on this process and what can I do to get involved right now?

Hey guys, I met with the assistant Township manager this morning and it is my intention to challenge the Randolph ordinance of minimum 3 acres and request it be revised by the Town Council to minimum 1-acre for backyard chickens in town. Looking for all the support do we can muster so please contact me at 973-978-5539. Thanks! Steven

Hi chicken lovers!
I will Be moving to Randolph this summer and my dream has always been to have a few girls around 4 hens. :) I remember my ex boss who lives in Randolph, used to have chickens. A few homes in the area also have other lifestock so, reading the past thread makes me a little worried and disappointed that I may never be able to have the girls. I would appreciate hearing from you and hoping you share with the rest of us your knowledge about town ordinances, exceptions, neighbor complaints, efforts to challenge town ordinances,etc. I believe we all should have a right to grow our own veggies and have a handful of chicks for organic eggs and also because they are such noble and sweet pets. I hope to hear from you!!! Cheekychick2017 -Sandra

Last edited:
Hi everyone Im really late to the show. Were there ever changes to the ordinance? I have 1/2 an acre more than enough room for the 4 hens I just got (Good thing I have great neighbors). Anyway just curious. I can understand no roosters but seriously no chickens at all

Back
Top Bottom