Random, sad story.

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Chickengal505, Oct 9, 2011.

1. Chickengal505

Chickengal505 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 4, 2010
    Bolivia N.C
    I read this somewhere and thought I would share it with you all.

The blind girl

Lilly was blind. She'd always been blind and she thought she always would be. Her loyal boyfriend tryed to help, by discribing colors like red and blue as hot and cold. But she never understood any of it and told him she wished she could see. One night they where sitting at the dining room table as he slides a copy of a paper over to her. Her fingers glide over the paper and her mouth drops in amazement. "Drew.. did you sign me up?" she asks "yea" he says. He's grinning from ear to ear but Lilly can't see it of course. Two weeks later Drew leads Lilly into the hospital for her eye transplant. As she sits down on the table he hugs he and they wheel her off. After she recovers from the seditive, she opens her new eyes to see a young man with thick bandages over his eyes. "Hi hun" he grins. "Drew?" she asks timidly "what happend to you eyes?" she inquires. "They sorta got hurt" his simle faulters for a moment "And I lost my eye sight." Her gaze turns down to her hands as she whispers "I don't want to be with a blind man." Drew's face falls and his lip quivers "Oh... o-okay" he manages. He rides home in a diffterent taxi than her and enters from the front rather than the side. He walks to the room, grabs his items and departs.

Two years later Lilly is digging through an old drawer full of crap. She come across an envelope with her name scrawed across it like it was written in the dark. She opens the letter and her eyes scan the paper before if falls to the floor and her hands fly to her eyes "oh dear god" she mumbles. The letter reads "Hey hun, guess things can't work out? Okay, just take good care of my eyes for me. -Drew"

[​IMG]

2. Zinnia-Hen

Zinnia-Hen Live & Let Live

Jan 29, 2011
    I've heard this one before. [​IMG] Sad.

3. justbugged

justbugged Head of the Night Crew for WA State

Jan 27, 2009
    Enumclaw
    Well that is a very sad improbable random story.

4. domino7

domino7 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 4, 2009
    N.E. Ohio
    It seems pretty silly to me. It's obviously not true.

5. Chickengal505

Jan 4, 2010
    Bolivia N.C
    haha yea, it's not true. And horribly improbible. [​IMG] I just felt like taking the flimy version I read and plumping it up a little. It is stupid [​IMG] but sad at the same time [​IMG]

6. punk-a-doodle

punk-a-doodle Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2011
    The one story I've read on here that didn't claim to be true, and *now* everyone says, "fake"? [​IMG]

Reminds me of those horror short story collections you'd read as a kid with the super sweet ink drawings. They were silly, but still gripping (and maybe a little bit scary when read in the dark...though you'd never admit it).

7. domino7

domino7 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 4, 2009
    N.E. Ohio
    It does sound like an old Twilight Zone episode lol

8. Chickengal505

Jan 4, 2010
    Bolivia N.C
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by