Rangers surprised me

Two Creeks Farm

Songster
8 Years
Apr 23, 2011
Hedgesville, WV
New plucker came today so I grabbed up the closest bird and processed him. 5.91 lbs dressed, no neck or organ meat. I think I have several that may end up hitting 7.5 LOL!

1st bird 5.91(roo)
2nd 4.92 (hen)
3rd 5.32 (roo)
4th 4.74 (hen)
5th 5.92 (roo)
6th 4.97 (hen)
7th 5.44 (roo)
8th 5.54 (roo)
9th 7.23 (roo)
10th 5.58 (roo)
11th 4.27 (hen)
12th 3.97 (hen)
13th 4.42 (hen)

Last edited:
I was shooting for a 4lb carcass. Much bigger and they dont want to fit in my Dutch Oven LOL! For being run through this hot dry summer I think its ok. I lost 4, 3 to what I think was heat stress and 1 as a chick that was piled on. They have been vigerous, health and range very well. I will butcher more this afternoon as soon as the wife comes home and brings me ice to use in coolers to chill them. It will be neat to see the weights.

I have another batch of CX to start the week after labor day then im done till spring. Its gong to be a big toss up on what bird I raise next year. I could have done the roos at 9 weeks easy for my target weight.....and if I had seperated the hens and fed them a heavier ration, I do believe they could have been 3 lbs easy at 9 weeks. Still, the CX at 40-45 days is almost too easy:p

Done for tonight. Satisfied I do believe. I still have some more to do but dark has settled in.

New plucker worked like a champ! Wife said it was worth the expense! (I knew it all along LOL!)

Back
Top Bottom