Rant Alert: Baby Animals are NOT Toys

makes me sick...poor ducklings...I can hardly stand to sell any of my animals any more...in fact, I have simply quit...I have new Muscovy babies but they will have to remain with me...the duck has wanted to raise a clutch since last year and I have never let her...I allowed her to sit this time and she hatched 11 of 13 eggs...they are the cutest things I have ever seen and to risk their one and only little lives by selling them to just anyone is more than I can deal with...living toys? No way...I have invited people to leave my ground on many occasions when they have come to buy something...my male Doberman is neutered, the cats are spayed and no more of the birds are going to sit on eggs until I need more for myself...the incubator is unplugged...

I went to a few sales and saw how the animals were treated...enough said...and then there were the animals that were just in horrible condition...nightmares for me...a clean kill on a predator is about all I am up for...I do protect my little flock/family...

done semi ranting now...
hu.gif

Yes most States passed laws ,that you could not buy less than 6 , to try and keep people from buying ones as pets. At least with 6 ,they could help keep each other warm.

My guess in this case, her duckling got chilled and died. Bet her kids were putting them in water, and no heat to warm them up.

So many people will think that 70 degee temp is warm enought........no try 90s

not Pennsylvania, my husband bought 3 ducklings at TSC last spring with no questions asked! Lucky for him when he surprised me for my birthday, I knew what to do for them...but not everyone would!

I don't think there is a rule here either. I always try to buy a min of 3, though I had to wait a week once for a couple more EEs to come in on the next truck. So I bought 2 1 week and 2 more the next. No one even blinked

Back
Top Bottom