RANT! Mistaken cancelled chick order!

EweSheep

Flock Mistress
14 Years
Jan 12, 2007
Land of Lincoln
GRRRRRRRRR!
he.gif

On March 31st I ordered 15 Spitzhauben pullets chicks from Ideal. With hubby out of work in April, I had Amy cancelled the order on April 27th. I thought everything was done deal and guess what, a nasty surprise from the PO stating that I got chicks! Hubby and I said WHAT????!!!! Its a good thing I got the emails of the orders and cancelled order from Amy. I sure hope they will remedy that I did cancel the order way ahead of time before it takes them 21 days to incubate.

It was today, June 12 they arrived. Cute little buggers but it was a mad scramble to get the chick feed ready, the heat bulb ready and man, mad all the while. Hubby called Ideal twice and no one answered the phone at 5:30 CST our time. So I fired off an email for monetary differences or some kind of rebursement for something I did not order at this time.
barnie.gif

I hope I hear from Missy or Amy soon!
rant.gif

I can not be mad at those cute chicks tho! They are all doing fine but it pains me that we would be strapped up financially in this mess!
hu.gif

Hope they will make good on their end!

Wow, I'd be curious to know how this works out. Do you have to ship them back? Do they come get them? Ack....
idunno.gif
What a mess, hope it works out for everyone!

Last edited:
Do you know if they actually charge you for the chicks? If you have cancel order form maybe they were sent without you being charged. Now would that not be grand.

What is up with Ideal? I've never had a bad experience with them, but today I recieved silkie chicks that were the wrong color. I ordered 10 self-blue and recieved 7 blue and 3 black/darkblue. I'm getting ready to send them an email right now. I wonder how they will handle both of our situations.
hmm.png

Well, I'd want my $ back if they did charge me... But there is no way I'd be sending the poor little buggers back to them! Once is enough
smile.png
I've ordered ducks & geese from them, and I always got what I ordered (accept the 12 roos as packing peanuts one time!
barnie.gif
) Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom