raraku

You may be posting a neat joke,:thumbsup
You category is mislabeled.
Only Raraku I'm aware of are these.
upload_2018-12-10_14-43-14.jpeg

WISHING YOU BEST,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :highfive:

Nope. Rarakus are fertile. The reason you can't find much about them is that there are hardly any left and they were few in numbers to begin with. They do come from Bekisars (in which a third of cocks are sterile and hens are infertile) transported by ancient seafarers who used them as navigation and location aides because of their unique loud crows.

Rarakus are one of the Rapanui fowl that are the wild descendants of Bekisars and probably Ceylon JF hybrids (Foxfires and Basket Fowl) that became stranded on islands in Micronesia, Melanesia, Polynesia, and yes all the way to Easter Island, hence the names Rapanui fowl and Raraku. There are many breeds of these Pacific island birds such as Koro Sea, Ponape, Raraku, Kiri Kiri and the Wallikikikilli. And no I'm not pulling your leg.

As luck would have it, my partner has just secured a pair of Raraku which will be a nice addition to my Saudeleur Ponapes.

Hey Sourland. Have you had experiences with them or an information source with which I'm unfamiliar? The reports I've gathered from people who have them, claim they are fully fertile. They are very similar genetically to Saudeleur Ponape, which I know for a fact are fully fertile because I have them. Any information you can link to me or that you've experienced or heard would be valuable. I'm not interested in having sterile birds.

Back
Top Bottom