Rare Buff Sussex

Oh no you did not just find another BUFF breed for me!
th.gif
Very nice, but a little out of my price range too.
big_smile.png

Jody

I saw that. I know that there are already buff sussex in the U.S. there is an auction for buff sussex eggs on eggbid also from a breeder that have had them for ages, it is crazy for that person to import birds from AUS when there are already the birds here.

What's so fishy about the story? It's entirely possible. If true, the seller would have the importation documents to prove any claims that he's made there. If he can't produce them, then that's another story.

There are are some very good reasons to import something as uncommon as that variety in that breed. Even if they do occur here, they are not common at all. Sure, it would not be that difficult to recreate the variety from scratch from other breeds which we currently have here, as it's simply a buff columbian pattern, and the genetics are fairly well understood, but it's his money, and if he wants to import what appear to be excellent examples of the breed, then more power to him.

Sophisticated dog and horse breeders import animals all of the time. Why not chickens? If you want the best, you have to pay for it, although I'll qualify that to say that on those auction sites, simply paying a lot of money does not always mean that you're getting the best quality. You have to know what you're buying.

I have contacted the seller and he has all of the paper work to prove the legal importation of the birds. Just because something may not possible for you to do does not mean others can not achieve it.

Last edited:
I would love to know all the procedures to import birds in US since the bird flu going around.....and the cost per day and fees from vets and care for each bird.....

I have to agree with Professional....There are are some very good reasons to import something as uncommon as that variety in that breed. Even if they do occur here, they are not common at all. Sure, it would not be that difficult to recreate the variety from scratch from other breeds which we currently have here, as it's simply a buff columbian pattern, and the genetics are fairly well understood, but it's his money, and if he wants to import what appear to be excellent examples of the breed, then more power to him.

Sophisticated dog and horse breeders import animals all of the time. Why not chickens? If you want the best, you have to pay for it, although I'll qualify that to say that on those auction sites, simply paying a lot of money does not always mean that you're getting the best quality. You have to know what you're buying.

Amen! I had a Paso Fino mare imported from Puerto Rico and the owner that brought her over here in the US had to pay alot of money and its not cheap. Its the love of the breed that he had to do this and she was a very good broodmare for him until he retired her from broodmare duties and sold her to me. He has spent over ten grand for her to be imported over here, plane, quarantine room and board, and vet fees and registration to PFOBA at that time. I still have her Puerto Rican papers. So, it was his money and his love for Pasos made it all worthwhile on his part.

I can not believe one would pay but I guess its the American market these days!

Back
Top Bottom