Rarest breed of chicken in the US?

Thanks Sheila, A friend just brought it to my attention that I didn't have any of the Scottish Blackface sheep photos on my BYC page....you'll have to check it out! I posted one of the rams (Phantom) and one of the ewes (April)....this is one of the few breeds that both sexes are horned. Enjoy! Rusty

Quote:
Great...thanks a bunch, Rusty-now another absolutely beautiful animal I want to have on our place(I HAVE to stop looking at other people's animals).
big_smile.png

Note to self...tell the husband these are just overly shaggy, long-haired, horned dogs...wonder if he'll buy that?

Thanks David, Yes I do sell my artwork. The 2 pieces that you saw of the BFW Spanish were comissioned by another breeder of Spanish and HIS name is David as well (In Southern Michigan). Most of the artwork on my BYC page were pre-ordered pieces by breeders and are now all over the country. I can draw more Spanish...
wink.png
. It would be best to pm or e-mail me. I only use colored pencils/pens....never paint. Thanks, Rusty

Quote:
He did, and yes they are pure from her for sure. She's the only one in the country with pure ohiki!
Yes the arlobes on his do have white to them, they are just not the glowing white folks are usued to seeing, which by the way, the other poster was correct, they can and do get whiter with age. I have had bantam phoenix take 10 months or so to start showing good white ear lobes, but by breeding season, they were glowing white.
It can also fade a bit in the molt on longatils, but always comes back bright during breeding season.
Then there are like in any other breed, cull birds that arent perfect, but in no way unpure to the breed.

Quote:
You can see in this phot, that his earlobes have some white scruffs in them...and very obviously it is winter so the bird is most probably not in breeding plumage and decoration.
What we wonder is: Does the roo form white earlobes in the spring ?

Quote:
Could you take some pictures of your R I Whites side shots over head shots so we can see the type. You are the second person I have seen with this very rare breed. Swap eggs for the sake of the breed. Look forward to your pictures.
bob

Here's a few pics of them from the top. Not the greatest shots but no one is home today to hold them still
hmm.png
I'd gladly send you some eggs if you'd like them. The girls are lousy layers
so I'd have to send just a few at a time. Let me know!! H.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v328/scrapper1/004-6.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v328/scrapper1/009.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v328/scrapper1/010-3.jpg

love.gif

Quote:
I wanted to tell you that your artwork is awesome. I too am an artist, however I do more animal or hawks/owls.
You have excellent attention to detail that I require from myself.

Quote:
Great...thanks a bunch, Rusty-now another absolutely beautiful animal I want to have on our place(I HAVE to stop looking at other people's animals).
big_smile.png

Note to self...tell the husband these are just overly shaggy, long-haired, horned dogs...wonder if he'll buy that?

horned dogs ???
hmm.png
I thought those were universal !
lau.gif

Thank you Chickielady and thanks to the people here from BYC who have been putting in requests for artwork.....It will help the time go by this very long Winter. Best to all, Rusty

Back
Top Bottom