Rarest breed of chicken in the US?

Quote:
I am with Illia finding a Redcap breeder here in the U.S. is very hard if not impossible.

I thought about trying them but I have a hard enough time with my cochin & sussex combs...REALLY hard time with the WFWS I had for one year....I'm mostly working with rose, walnut, pea combs now....

Quote:
There was one thing different between the two.
Russians had a Rose Comb where as the Russian Orloff has a Walnut Comb like the original Chlianskaia breed they were bred from.

Now they could be different breeds or simply a different variety. Hard to say.

Chris

But there is an ABA standard for Russian Orloffs. Which I have been applying to my LF as well. I haven't shown the LF yet but I'm taking two bantam cockerels to a show in two weeks so we'll see how they do....

12477_orloff.jpg

12477_orloff007.jpg

12477_orloff009.jpg

Quote:
I am with Illia finding a Redcap breeder here in the U.S. is very hard if not impossible.

I thought about trying them but I have a hard enough time with my cochin & sussex combs...REALLY hard time with the WFWS I had for one year....I'm mostly working with rose, walnut, pea combs now....

WFWS as in White Faced White Spanish and if so please post pictures.
smile.png

Quote:

WFWS as in White Faced White Spanish and if so please post pictures.
smile.png

I don't have them any longer. I had a few years back. I got them from Sandhill stock. They were flighty/mean/neurotic and ate their own eggs AND got horrible frostbite.
roll.png

This in reply to Illia saying what ?????
I spent hours giving you names of breeders..............
POYT I certainly can spend my time in better ways than all the research I sent you, red caps farms,,, indeed !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Quote:
Hi Chickielady

As I have already told you. I called all of the names you listed and only got one of them to answer and she did not want to sale any because she was not happy with the way her Redcaps looked. I am very sorry for all the time in the research you went threw and I am sorry that it got me no closer in finding a Redcap breeder either.

Redcap Farm

Quote:
Hi Chickielady

As I have already told you. I called all of the names you listed and only got one of them to answer and she did not want to sale any because she was not happy with the way her Redcaps looked. I am very sorry for all the time in the research you went threw and I am sorry that it got me no closer in finding a Redcap breeder either.

Redcap Farm

NO you did not "already "tell me any thing.
Nor do I care to hear it now..carry on with your misspelling and where ever it is you are going.
Sometimes I screw up and try to help..and sometimes I am so sorry that I do.
This is one of those times.
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom