Rat Control

I use the rat bait stations after trying many other thing first. You can put the bait stations in a pet carrier so nothing but the rats can get to it. There is a little window above the bait so it can be checked daily. I had an infested coop and when I started renovating it dozens of rats of all sizes poured out. I had noticed tunnels around my coops. I did not find any dead rats laying around. I'm pretty sure they went into their tunnels and died. Good luck...
Renovating a rat infested coop. I have currently around 200 birds. I have hanging feeders in my coops. The infested coop had a ceiling and inside walls. When I started removing them the rats poured out and there were also several nests. As I said previously I tried many things and still saw some rats I then I invested in the rat bait stations.

Renovating a rat infested coop. I have currently around 200 birds. I have hanging feeders in my coops. The infested coop had a ceiling and inside walls. When I started removing them the rats poured out and there were also several nests. As I said previously I tried many things and still saw some rats I then I invested in the rat bait stations.
Wow. You are a trooper! You have 200 birds?! My gosh. I only have three and it's huge for just little ole me. I just received a call from someone that was referred to me about pest control. He goes to my church, so someone I would trust. He is going to come out this week, and check out the situation. He said he uses bait boxes and also with his service would include all pest control on a monthly basis. He told me he has other chicken owners that he services and has had good luck with rat control. So....I am sitting here so relieved that I don't have to do this on my own....(I am alone here at the house). It's overwhelming. But I am up to the task. Thank you so much!

Here is the coop that was infested with the rats in the ceiling and wall cavities. I haven't seen any rat activity in quite a long time. I still keep checking the rat bait stations. I tried snap traps, sticky traps, buckets of water with sunflower seeds floating even with a ramp on the buckets. No takers, so I bought the rat bait stations.
IMG_20180214_123653.jpg
IMG_20180220_165446.jpg

Many people don't believe in using poison and the bait boxes but I have had no issues. I have them in the barn which is right behind the coops so nothing but the rats can get to them.

Many people don't believe in using poison and the bait boxes but I have had no issues. I have them in the barn which is right behind the coops so nothing but the rats can get to them.

Sorry to interrupt, but what if we have other pets at our farm? I'm so afraid that a chicken or a dog could eat the bait instead. We keep the feeder closed, but these guys are still sneaking around, and our cat seems to be not interested in them.

If you put the bait boxes in a pet carrier nothing but the rats can get to it. You could put a lock on the pet carrier so even a child or a pet can't get to it. I have had no issues and the rats didn't get any of the bait out of the bait station. I'll take a picture when I go down to our barn.
There is a patrician down the middle inside of the bait box that the rats have to go around to get to the bait. I drew a red line to show how the rat would have to go to get to the bait.
RatBaitStationRev.jpg

Here is another similar bait box. You can see the patrician the rats have to go around. There is nothing that can get to the bait except rats and mice.
IMG_20200623_155545.jpg

Put it into a pet carrier as an added protection.

Attachments

• PetCarrier1.jpg
    PetCarrier1.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 0
  • PetCarrier.jpg
    PetCarrier.jpg
    230.5 KB · Views: 0

Back
Top Bottom