RAT -X anyone????

Welcome!
Why not put the pellets in a container only rodents can access, and have to eat there? It's safer for everyone else that way.
Mary

Hi Mary. That's a terrific suggestion. I don't know why I didn't think of that.

It's been 24 hours and so far everyone is fine. I'll continue to monitor them.

The rats were back last night but none of them ate any of the bait I put out. I picked it all back up this morning and put it back in the bag. I'm going to set out some traditional snap traps tonight.

You may catch a rat or two in any trap you set out, but never all of them. Rats are just too smart!
I use the bait stations that only rodents or small critters can enter, and the bait is on posts in there so it can't be dragged out.
You may also need to switch to a different bait after a week or so; again, smart rats!
Pet rats are really nice, wild ones, not so much...
Mary

Oh, trust me, I know. Anyone who lives on a farm knows what an absolute nuisance these things are. If you see one, more will follow. And if you don't do anything about it, before you know it they're over-running the place. They are literally a scourge.

48 hours later and my chickens are all fine. I will cautiously proclaim that Rat X does not, in fact, harm chickens.

Back
Top Bottom