Rate my Polish roos

So, really too early to guess, huh? I am a little partial to the blue, but I also think the black is more "typey" but then I didn't think about that comb. I am quite new at all this. I'll post again in six weeks or so. All the males are getting along fine so far, but I know that won't last.

I don't really care for black. So I would choose the Blue. Besides the fact there are more color choices with the Blue for rarer, and in my opinion prettier colors.
tongue.png

Quote:
If the black is really the better bird, the comb doesn't have to be a big issue. You can cull for it later--it's not a huge fault. But yeah, it really is kind of early to tell what they are really going to turn out to be like. And, if the color matters to you--what color hens do you have/what colors are you planning to breed for? If you really want blues and you only have black hens, well, you'd have to keep the blue. Or, if you only had blue hens and you really wanted both blacks and blues...well, you'd have to keep the black to achieve that....just another detail to factor into your decision.
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom