Rate of eggs hatching when shipped

I was shipped 8 eggs from KY to SC. Out of those eggs 5 were fertile. I hatched out 4. The 5th died in the shell on hatch day. It was peeping, but never made it out of the shell. I incubated these in a box with a desk lamp... I was thrilled.

We had Ameraucana eggs shipped... 1 dozen. Out of those 5 broke during shipping, and the rest never developed at all. We just had more of them shipped and they are currently incubating. I am also incubating 18 Silkie eggs that were shipped. So I will give you an update on that. I am not sure how accurate it will be as we tried incubating our own eggs before this batch in the "real" incubator and hatched 1 out of 8... no shipping involved. We got a turner though, so hopefully that will help and we will get a decent hatch! I am so hoping!!!
fl.gif

Mine were shipped all the way from Oklahoma to Illinois, only one was dented...

-7 infertile
-1 blood ring
-9 fertile

8 out of 9 ducks hatched. One pipped but died the next day. This was my very first hatch so I expected 1 or 2, I was surprised with 8!

My first set of shipped eggs I had only one Develope and hatch out of 11, the other ten were scrambled and didn't even start to develope.

My Second set is in the hatcher on day 19 now, 10 out of 14 developed 1 quit I think, 1 just pipped and and I'm waiting on 8 that were moving when I candled before putting them in the hatcher yesterday.

My third set is on day 4, I have 11 Chicken eggs, I think about 9 have veining, and I have 3 duck eggs, with 1 having either a small vein starting or the beginning of a blood ring, I'll just have to wait and see. It's really too early to tell with the duck eggs, but I hope they develope.

All of the eggs I've had shipped were very well packaged, the Post office was just way rough on them, the first box had mud all over one side like it had been dropped.
sad.png

I am on my third hatch this year with shipped eggs. first batch of 7 got 3 chicks. second batch of 9 all eggs started to hatch 2 died during hatch. third batch of 8 eggs i candled tonight and see chicks in at least five eggs. they are really dark marans eggs so i will candle again in a few days before i toss the 3 i couldn't tell. so i would say yes i have had good luck with shipped eggs.

This is my first hatch, and I had eggs shipped from 2 different breeders. I had 14 shipped from TN to PA, and 8 shipped from Michigan to Pa. They are all silkies. They were all packaged very well, boxes didn't appear to be damaged...BUT? Out of the 22, 7 were infertile...1 was very porous? couldn't tell if fertile? never started to develop if it was...and 2-3 w/bloodrings..I think. I have 15 in the bator at day 19. All seem to have a chick in there. The ones that might have a bloodring, are still in there because it was sooooo faint, it could have been veins or something? but they look just like all of the others. Hopefully I will get a good hatch rate from the 15 fertile ones. Like I said, this is my first hatch, and I learn & read things everyday. If this hatch don't turn out well, I will NOT buy shipped eggs no more.

Back
Top Bottom