RCOM Failing?

bhaugh

Crowing
9 Years
Aug 6, 2013
Las Vegas, NV
Good Day,
I have a 7 or 8 yo Rcom that I've been fairly happy with. Hatches have been very poor this year, so it's time to do some more investigating. How do I know the incubator is pulling enough air from the outside? I've been starting the eggs (some shipped but last batch was local) in my seriously old hovabator where I hand turn and the eggs look good going into the Rcom. Then the chicks just start dying off. It has occurred to me that the eggs just don't get enough outside air like they do from opening the hovabator lid to turn. I'm at a crossroad whether to buy parts and fix the Rcom or move on and get something else.

I've never seen any way to adjust the vents. How else can I let more air in without having to remove the lid and letting temp and humidity out?

I can't help you with this specific question but I'm going to use an RCOM myself this year.
If you don't get an answer here, In Europe there are a few very helpful sellers who are open to answering questions. Maybe there is someone in your area too?

Back
Top Bottom