Re-arranging flock members.

gimmie birdies

Enabler
Premium Feather Member
11 Years
Feb 12, 2013
Eastern WA
I had a light on my ladies all winter. Now when the weather is warmer, and the clock sprang forward, some of my birds decided to molt, and one went broody. But that is okay they gotta do their "thang".

I got a call from a friend who wanted some adult hens for her retired mother as a project. I gave her 5 hens that are almost 2 years. She was okay with a "molt-er" and a brooder. I gave her a coocoo maran, a legbar, 2 SFH, a LO/BI hen. I also gave her one SFH rooster 10 months old, and 3, two month old LO/EE hens. That will keep her busy! I still have my many blue and lavender hens, and some 2 month old and one month old chicks. I know the chickens I gave away, will have a good home with lots of greenery ( I have been there before,) and now I have a fresh new coop myself with young hens and some super old favorite hens (whom will never be re-homed), all of which get to establish a brand new pecking order. All is right with the coop!

I spent this glorious day re arranging the run and coop. One hen laid earlier in the day, the others were too upset what with me moving all the furniture. I left the one egg out there, because I changed the laying box to a smaller size. We'll see if they accept it or not if I don't get eggs for a few days.

Back
Top Bottom