RE: Cant controll hummidity

If you have a fan in it then you can put the water bowl by it so the wind from it agitates the water. If not you can put it as high up as you can where the air is warmer an move it as close to the heat source as you can. Any of these will speed up evaporation.

I found a trick that has worked for me to nearly INSTANTLY (within seconds) get the HUM up....

Use a blow dryer and a Damp clean washcloth... hold the fairly damp (not dripping) washcloth over one of the AIR vents (where the cork fits)... and blow hot air through the damp cloth. Watch the HUM number rise... then stop when it's the level you need. Remember to leave both vent holes open during the last days...

Well, it has worked for me... I've had to open my styrobator several times to fix things like replace a bad Accurite... empty a too full water pan... etc... during the last few days when it needs to be 65% and this helps get the HUM back to goal level very quickly... the heat from the blow dryer doesn't even effect the interior heat because it doesn't take very long... HOPE IT HELPS!!

EDIT.... also you might want to check your HUM/THERM..... I had problems with mine... bought a 2nd one and found the first one must have gone bad because of TOO high Humidity symptoms... it doesn't hurt to check it. There is also info on this message board on how to make sure your HUM is accurite but it takes a WEEK... I'm going to do that after this hatch finishes either way...

Last edited:
Do you have the entire hygometer unit inside the bator? Humidity is determined by the unit and most folks only stick the probe in. Just thought I'd mention it in case you didn't know. Other than that, it could be your hygrometer is not reading accurately. What percent are you at and what day in incubation?

Jody

Back
Top Bottom