Re: Hatch didn't make it

ChickNLittle

Songster
11 Years
Mar 22, 2008
Folkston, Georgia
Well just wanted to let everyone know that none of my silkie hatch made it.
hmm.png
I don't know why, but the last two to hatch I thought might have a chance and they died in the bator. I won't buy any eggs off anyone anymore unless they come from this board. I had a bad feeling when I got those two dozen eggs, and I should have know.
smile.png
They were pretty dirty. It wasnt anybody on this board that I got them from. I sure hope my next hatch is a success. I have about two dozen more silkie eggs coming in the mail, hopefully tomorrow.

And for everybody who was trying to help me with the splayed leg, leghorn chick. I appreciate everybody's help, but she died as well. Guess this was just not my day.
smile.png
I'm taking it all in stride though. Thanks for all your help.
smile.png

I can truly sympathize with you. I lost an entire hatch of Delawares I bought off of eBay. Out of 14, 7 were not fertile, two were just masses, two died in the shell and my last three in the bator are on day 25/26 and i don't see them doing anything.

I agree. I am going to try to get eggs off of someone here, as at least you know they won't want to wreck their reputation on this board.

I am so sorry to hear that.
sad.png
I bought some silkie eggs from the board here, and I had a good hatch about a week ago. So I guess I'll continue to buy from here.
smile.png
Sounds like a great idea to me!

Chick,
that sucks! I am so sorry...but I do have good news from you.

If you buy eggs from Jody(Hjcink)....her silke eggs are amazing. She sent me 14 eggs,11 made it and I sent them in the hatcher to hatch and ALL of them hatched!!!! 100% hatch rate! I have bought from her twice now and same think has happened!

If you want silkes, that is the lady to buy from!
lol.png

Of course that is my personal experience. hehe!

So sorry to hear about your loss. I too lost a batch of eggs (not due to anyone's fault per se) and I know how heartbreaking it can be.
hugs.gif

Aww, I am sorry your eggs didn't hatch! I haven't tried my hand at hatching shipped eggs, so you are braver than me! Good luck with your next batch
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom