Re-homing Roosters

Tasha D

Chirping
Jun 5, 2020
Hello,

I am a bit embarrassed even posing this so please bear with me here. Our county does allow hens, so when we got our 9 hatchlings, our plans were to process the roosters. However, my entire family has fallen in love with our flock, and processing any of them is not an option (rookie mistake). Now they are around 12 weeks and getting loud! I refuse to re-home one of them at this time, as he is in love with our elderly beagle and keeps her company...LOL. But now, I have 3 I need to find homes for. They are all really lovable. Two are black Brahmas and one is a Bantam. Does anyone have any advise here?

Thanks so much!

Hello,

I am a bit embarrassed even posing this so please bear with me here. Our county does allow hens, so when we got our 9 hatchlings, our plans were to process the roosters. However, my entire family has fallen in love with our flock, and processing any of them is not an option (rookie mistake). Now they are around 12 weeks and getting loud! I refuse to re-home one of them at this time, as he is in love with our elderly beagle and keeps her company...LOL. But now, I have 3 I need to find homes for. They are all really lovable. Two are black Brahmas and one is a Bantam. Does anyone have any advise here?

Thanks so much!
Your biggest mistake in planning to eat those roosters was getting friendly breeds! Brahmas and bantams are big sweethearts. And when you have a mixed flock it's even easier to see their individual personalities and fall in love (been there, done that!) I wish you the best of luck in rehoming them or whatever choice it is that you make.

Back
Top Bottom