1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

re~introducing myself from NM

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Crazy4Chicks, Mar 31, 2009.

1. Crazy4Chicks

Crazy4Chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 20, 2007
    Glendale, AZ
    Hi all -- I have not been around in a REALLY long time so I thought I would re~introduce myself to the group.

My name is Julie and me and DH are in Clovis NM.

at one time we had 25 chickens and 9 ducks but due to a bad sewer system on the house we were renting we were forced to rehome all the chickens and ducks and move to a place in town.

we are currently buying our house we are in now and plan on finding a piece of land and moving the home and starting all over again.

but for now we have a nice family of furry and feathered kids include :

a small flock of Button Quail
    18 Coturnix Quail
    and Bobwhites that are hatching today ( if all hatch it will be 3 bobs total )

Pollie the potty mouth parrot ( quaker )

Dixie the 3 legged wonder hound - 5yr beagle/bassett mix

Wally my male boxer and his wife Abbey ( boxer also ) who is due to have puppies next month.

Dh works full time as a tire guy and we also run a newspaper route to bring in extra money.

I would love to know how many other members are close by !!

2. wolfbaine30

wolfbaine30 Crazy Rooster

May 5, 2008
    Blue Ridge,Georgia
    Welcome back nd nice to meet you.
    Kevin

3. TillinWithMyPeeps

TillinWithMyPeeps Waiting for Spring...

Aug 22, 2008
    Ohio
    [​IMG] I thought it was appropriate. [​IMG]

4. Clayton Grace

Clayton Grace Cooped Up

Feb 20, 2009
    Quote:Hi
    I have order 25 Blue Langshan chicks from Privett Hatchery out of NM. . Have you ever order from them
    and if so please let me know what you think of them. I placed the order over the phone and they were very nice. My chickes should be shipped in about 3 to 4 weeks.

Thanks Clayton Grace

5. azelgin

azelgin Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2008
    S.E. AZ
    I've ordered from Privette twice and had good results both times. Nice people and good to work with.

6. Clayton Grace

Clayton Grace Cooped Up

Feb 20, 2009
    Hi
    Thank you for the info. on Privett Hatchery. This will be the first time I have ordered from them.

Thanks Clayton Grace

7. Crazy4Chicks

Crazy4Chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 20, 2007
    Glendale, AZ
    since Privett is only about 30 mins away from me - ALL the feed stores around here order chicks from them when they do the " chick days " around easter and I have also ordered from them when I placed my order I got 20 chicks -- 5 Light brahams ( all pullets ) -- 5 EEs( all pullets )-- 5 silver laced cochins ( all pullets ) -- 5 black dutch banties ( 4 roos and 1 pullet ooppss lol ) I was very please with my chicks other than getting too many roos in my banties LOL

Privett has some really good looking birds and they are hardy little buggers too !! I have gotten a few here and there from feed stores and they were great birds.

my ducks also came from Privett.

when we get back into raising chickens our new flock will come from Privett also.

if they did quail I would have gotten my quail from them too. LOL

8. B. Saffles Farms

B. Saffles Farms Mr. Yappy Chickenizer

Nov 23, 2008
    Madisonville, TN
    welcome back

9. Ga.chickenman

Ga.chickenman Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2009
    Vidalia
    [​IMG] From Ga.

10. WriterofWords