RE Miniatures and Shetlands

I am so glad to find this thread. @Morning Star Farm , your horses are gorgeous, Arabs and Shetlands both. We just lost our Shetland, I haven't even been able to talk about it yet. Trig Cove was at least 34 years old and left us last week. He wasn't anywhere near as refined as yours, but he was all Shetland - sassy and special!! He taught many children how to ride and was an endless joy - even when he taught yearlings how to crawl under fences.

We can't just yet, but soon we'll have another Shetland, they are magical.
This was my old man, in all his fluffy, shaggy glory.
received_2001387226792511.jpeg

I am so glad to find this thread. @Morning Star Farm , your horses are gorgeous, Arabs and Shetlands both. We just lost our Shetland, I haven't even been able to talk about it yet. Trig Cove was at least 34 years old and left us last week. He wasn't anywhere near as refined as yours, but he was all Shetland - sassy and special!! He taught many children how to ride and was an endless joy - even when he taught yearlings how to crawl under fences.

View attachment 3174557
I love him! 😍 😍 :love:love:love I'm so sorry for your loss! :hugs

View attachment 3174557
He's very cute. I'm so sorry for you loss.

We just lost our Shetland, I haven't even been able to talk about it yet. Trig Cove was at least 34 years old and left us last week.
Oh, I'm so sorry for your loss. He looks like such a classic Shetland - such cuteness, combined with a huge personality.
quite the chain of events which culminated in finding a beautiful new farm, selling our house and moving last week!
Beautiful new place you found! Perfect for your beautiful Arabs and smaller beauties - those are some quality minis! Congrats on your new farm.

Thanks for all the love guys, he was a really special guy, and they're a special breed; hard-headed, obnoxious, but so loyal, win their hearts and they'll give you a thousand percent, then break into the feed room so you don't get a big head about it.
When we move farms, I'll definitely be looking for another. Probably a traditional, although the Americans are gorgeous - I actually know someone who uses American Shetland stallions on small, dressage bred mares to make incredible show ponies for amateur/youth eventing.

In the meantime, I will enjoy your lovely pictures @Morning Star Farm . I'm excited to see your new arrivals - are they Shetlands, Arabs ...?

All here safe and sound! Cell phone pictures from when they arrived.

0705222228.jpg

0705222233a.jpg

0705222231.jpg

Thanks for all the love guys, he was a really special guy, and they're a special breed; hard-headed, obnoxious, but so loyal, win their hearts and they'll give you a thousand percent, then break into the feed room so you don't get a big head about it.
:lauThat sounds like such a typical old style Shetland! Lol I can guarantee the Americans are not like that. They have boundless energy, and are incredibly smart and very high strung (see lots of energy! lol.) All things that I love though!

I actually know someone who uses American Shetland stallions on small, dressage bred mares to make incredible show ponies for amateur/youth eventing.
Those sound incredible!! I have wanted to cross my Shetlands with the small pony size Arabs. Maybe sometime in the future!

In the meantime, I will enjoy your lovely pictures @Morning Star Farm . I'm excited to see your new arrivals - are they Shetlands, Arabs ...?
I'm glad you are enjoying them! The new arrivals are all 100% Shetland.

Back
Top Bottom