RE: Some of my herd of Nigis

lilhill

In the Brooder
11 Years
Jan 22, 2009
Alabama
Since I understand pictures are a must, here's a few of my Nigerian Dwarf girls enjoying their time in the pasture. We raise AGS/ADGA/NDGA registered Nigies on our 20 acre farm, and now are starting out in chickens to add to the mix.

21604_copy_of_goats_in_pasture.jpg

Our kidding season is almost over with just two more does due to kid in April.

Welcome,
welcome-byc.gif

lol... so glad you came prepared with pictures. lol.

I have started out the other way around. I have always wanted a small holding, but it has not been possible as yet, but last year I started with chickens, and I would love to expand into goats so all pictures increase the ideas.

Thank you.

Jena.

I started raising Nigis four years ago and have been totally in love with them since. These girls were brought down from South Carolina because of their outstanding pedigrees in show and milk, so I plan to start milking in a couple of weeks when the kids start getting weaned. The only other time I've ever milked is for weak kids, but with the economy the way it is, I'm trying my hand at cheesemaking. Our goal is to become more self-sufficient here on the farm.

I am hoping to start making cheese soon as well. With just one goat to milk, and she was feeding triplets for a while, there just hasn't been enough milk to spare for cheese making. I'm hoping that with both girls in milk now that I will have enough for daily use and cheese. Let us know how the cheese making goes!

I sure will. I absolutely love cheese, so I'm excited about trying my hand with making my own.

Last edited:
I love the spotty girl! Very pretty! Where are the pics of all your kids? What did you end up with? I'm also about done w/ only one more doe due in April!

frow.gif
Hi Kate! Yep, you know me.

Abluechipstop, that's Buttin'Heads Too Contredanse and she's Chamoisee broken with white. She's a real sweetheart. I'll upload a picture of some of the kids and post it in a minute.

Back
Top Bottom