re water and food overnight - Thanks everyone for all the info on this site!

claudiaosk

Chirping
Aug 31, 2020
It really helped me reading all the info I found on this site regarding the question of whether overnight food and water is really necessary.
My four ladies got both, but I just realised this morning that I just HAVE to change something. They sleep in the greenhouse during winter which is about 25 sqmeters, with lots of hey and wood chips. They go inside around 4 pm and have Xmas lights on the trees (!) until arond 10 pm, after that its dark until 10 am. They have ready access to cold water (which is plentiful here where I live ) and some of their dry staple food, and: the place stinks in the morning its just unbelievable... ! Its such a mess--- I was warned but didnt want to listen ---- So, I think from tomorrow onwards Ill reduce this and then stop water and food alltogether. I hope they will not be too unhappy,......
Having read all the entries on this topic I feel a bit less of an awful duckownermum.....

It really helped me reading all the info I found on this site regarding the question of whether overnight food and water is really necessary.
My four ladies got both, but I just realised this morning that I just HAVE to change something. They sleep in the greenhouse during winter which is about 25 sqmeters, with lots of hey and wood chips. They go inside around 4 pm and have Xmas lights on the trees (!) until arond 10 pm, after that its dark until 10 am. They have ready access to cold water (which is plentiful here where I live ) and some of their dry staple food, and: the place stinks in the morning its just unbelievable... ! Its such a mess--- I was warned but didnt want to listen ---- So, I think from tomorrow onwards Ill reduce this and then stop water and food alltogether. I hope they will not be too unhappy,......
Having read all the entries on this topic I feel a bit less of an awful duckownermum.....
I bought a chicken water dispenser-small,plastic easyclean&cheap.does the job and I mess👍🐣

first morning after a night without much food and water - what a difference it makes for the coop and the girls all chirpy and fine. :)

Back
Top Bottom