Reaching out from Finger,Tn

soldierinchrist

In the Brooder
8 Years
Aug 30, 2011
Hi everyone,
New to the "Backyard" and raising chickens. I have 25 buff orp girls on the way in 2 weeks and can't wait. Doing everything I can to be ready. I am a little concerned about them being old enough before winter sets in though. Any input would be greatly appriciated. When can I expect eggs out of my flock? Thank you all.

God bless everyone.
Jesus loves you!

Eggs will come around when they are 5-7 months old.

welcomekb.png

Last edited:
welcome-byc.gif

Check out what the experts and fans of your breed have to say on BYC as to when your first eggs will arrive.
Read the entire thread by Mrs. AK-Bird Brain on "Think it's too cold for your chickens?" for reccomendations on overwintering them.
Birds are hardy and will develop good feathering to protect themselves. You just need to provide the correct perching (wide so they can cover thier feet) and wind blockage and dry conditions. They're going to be just fine if you follow certain rules.
BYC is the place to get all your answers.
Some will contradict eachother and they may all be from "experts" or from laypeople. All are trying to help you and you should take all opnions and see what works for YOUR flock. Good luck! I'm sure you'll do fine because you care.

Back
Top Bottom