Read this! You kids will not be able to work on your farm anymore!!

Wow...so how the heck is this going to be enforced? Is it only applicable if the under 16s are to be paid for their work or does it extend to unpaid labor, i.e. chores? Time to write to my dear Congressmen and Senators again...
Now you're talkin'. Be sure and remind them they are working in a temp job that is subject to voter approval.
smile.png

Last time I checked nearly every vet school in the country requires that the candidates for their schools must have "hands on experience" working for a vet or working on a farm with livestock in order to apply for the large animal classes. How are potential students supposed to get this experience if they are not allowed to work on a farm?!? Or does the government think we don't need large animal vets anymore? Are they really that out-of-touch with reality?!?

th.gif

Rusty

Guess they are gonna wait until the food supply affects THEM!!! Some people are clueless where their food comes from and the whole process of how it gets here....

I don't think they will "enforce" this law. What they will do is take your kids, if they get injured by the livestock that they are not allowed to be near. :( When Hillary said "It takes a village to raise a child" what she meant was "It takes a government to tell you how to raise your child".

I think it takes *parents* to raise a child, but...

there was a long multi-page thread on this a few months ago. The law says that kids under a certain age will be prohibited from working on factory farms. Kids working for their families are automatically exempt. Kids working on small farms will also likely be exempt, because the farm will need to meet certain requirements. Also, since most kids who work on farms aren't paid employees, receiving W2s or 1099s, they would be exempt anyway.

99.9% of the children working in the farming community will be completely unaffected.

Some of my best memories growing up were the summers I spent on my uncle's farm helping with the livestock, working on the hay baler, rounding up cattle on horseback. I wouldn't trade that time and experience for anything!

If you follow the link posted by LaynaDon and read the entire regulation it specifically exempts children working on their parents farm or any farm their parent or guardian manages or operates. There are also provisions for employment for certain training purposes. I feel strongly that our government needs to stay out of our lives when it comes to raising our kids. We need to respond to issues such as making Sugar a controlled substance such as cigarettes and alcohol. Tell a 16 year old he can't buy a soft drink or a candy bar!!!!

I must REALLY be out of the loop because I havent heard anything on that one either. Good to hear that about family farms !! I missed that apparently which isn't unusual lol lol.

Quote:
there was a long multi-page thread on this a few months ago. The law says that kids under a certain age will be prohibited from working on factory farms. Kids working for their families are automatically exempt. Kids working on small farms will also likely be exempt, because the farm will need to meet certain requirements. Also, since most kids who work on farms aren't paid employees, receiving W2s or 1099s, they would be exempt anyway.

99.9% of the children working in the farming community will be completely unaffected.

Don't confuse us with the facts. This is the Internet, we get to shoot first and not ask questions later.
he.gif

Back
Top Bottom