READERS! I know you're out there! Anyone...

i STILL need a kindle!....
rant.gif
rant.gif
...<<i'm having a tantrum...dont mind me...

Quote:
I really didn't think I'd like it...until I got one.
big_smile.png
I will always have "regular" books, too--today I got the short story anthology and a beautiful hardback edition of "The Tale of Despereaux" for my daughter.

Someone posted about "curling up with" a Kindle as oppsed to a traditional book, and that was one of my concerns, too. I'm happy to report that the Kindle curls up with you just fine!
smile.png
And if you read in bed, lying down, like I do, it's even BETTER than a book, especially a hardback. No fighting to keep it open or hold it just right while you get comfortable, no hand-cramps, no cold arms sticking out of the covers!
lol.png

thats how i read also!...
hit.gif
..i hope to get one someday!..maybe this spring..after the holidays...
hu.gif
..i hope....
sad.png

Quote:
I'm really expecting the price to go down. Maybe I'm wrong, but no one expected it to drop from $400 to $350 this year, either, and it did. Also, more and more people are publishing user guides for "hacks" you can do with your Kindle in order to use it for regular internet access. I already use it to check my favorite blogs and websites via Google Reader...and YES, you can even read BYC on it!
lol.png

In case nobody's mentioned this, paperbackswap.com is an amazing website for people (like me!) who go through books WAY too fast to be able to buy them all. you list the books you're willing to get rid of (just for listing ten, you get a free book), and for every book you trade away, you get one of your choice. It's not a direct book-for-book swap, so that you get a way better selection- there's something like 2 million books in the system to choose from, and I've found lots of out-of-print books I never thought I'd get my hands on. All you have to do is pay the shipping on books you send out, and media mail rates are super-cheap.

If any of you join, my nickname there is "imrc"... add me as a friend!
smile.png

I am looking for some of the christian romance books "Love Inspired" does anyone on here have any they would like to sale to me. My daughter is a heavy reader and she has only a couple of these books and she loves them. She reads them over and over.

I can't seem to find any. If you have some of these that you would be willing to sale to me, please PM me with a price.

I tried paperbackswap a long time ago, as well as bookcrossing (I LOVE the idea of "releasing" books "into the wild"), and while it did allow me to de-clutter and get rid of my own extra books, I had a lot of trouble finding any of the ones I wanted for myself...if they were there, other people always got to them first.

Maybe I should give it another try!

You totally should. Their wish list function is enormously helpful that way... often a book I want isn't available, but if I put it on my wish list I end up something like third in line and get it very quickly. Then there are the super-popular books... I've had a lot of fun watching my progress in line for a Stephenie Meyer book- it goes so fast! Right now I'm 29th in a line of over 900 for that one
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom