ready to hatch

deejeff442

Songster
9 Years
Jun 27, 2013
My goose has been sitting on her eggs for about 25 days now.actually 2 females have been taking turns.my question is there are 2 males in with them and i have been told the males might kill the babies? Is this true ? I can seperate them easy enough if i have to.

My goose has been sitting on her eggs for about 25 days now.actually 2 females have been taking turns.my question is there are 2 males in with them and i have been told the males might kill the babies? Is this true ? I can seperate them easy enough if i have to.

Ganders are supposed to be great parents, I've never heard of the parents killing their own babies on purpose, I know sometimes male dogs try to eat their babies... But not geese. Maybe someone who has hatched geese can jump in, my gooses eggs won't hatch for a week or two

2 pairs will be 4 body guards for the goslings Ganders make awesome daddy's, Only thing I'd be concerned about is the goslings getting stepped on during hatch but you can keep an eye on things. One of our members just in the last few weeks had a trio hatch and are caring for 8 goslings. Couldn't ask for better parents.Ganders aren't fighting are they?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom