Real Real Newbie

ryansmom

In the Brooder
5 Years
Sep 14, 2014
Hi there All:

My neighbor has a huge farm with a huge flock that my son fell in love with. When they went on vacation he was in charge of caring for them and enjoyed every day. The farmer gave us some eggs and an incubator. We did lots of research......mostly on your site.....and out of the 14 eggs we had 6 successfully hatch .I have no idea what type they are but watched you tube videos and I think we have 5 pullets and 2 cockerel....They are the cutest things in the brooder and my son is really really enjoying caring for them they are a little over 3 weeks hatching over labor day.... We are busy reading about them and learning to care for them and he helped build a coop for them. I will have lots of questions as we move along in this first time process.
Here is a picture of them in the brooder still if you recognize any breeds I would love to know what you think,

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. Congratulations on your successful hatch. Your chicks are really cute, but they are too young to accurately identify the breed. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your new chicks.

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

Congrats on the hatch! Excellent that you are raising them on wire! The only way to raise poultry as far as I am concerned. The can still develop immunity to coccidiosis and not get so overwhelmed with it to get sick or die. Wire is so much more sanitary for chicks than bedding. Good job!

Enjoy your new babies! If you have any questions along the way, feel free to ask. Welcome to our flock!

You have quite a son there, who appreciates real activity with chicks instead of techno this or techno that.
clap.gif
You must be very proud of him. BTW Welcome to BYC

Welcome to BYC!

You will find a lot of good information here. Keep on asking questions and you will get many good answers.

You may also want to read the FAQ below.

Back
Top Bottom