Really good article about coexisting

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by WriterofWords, May 1, 2009.

1. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
  2. Homesteading_Bound

Homesteading_Bound Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2008
    Madison,Ohio
    Thank You.... [​IMG]

I enjoyed the artical...

I agree with all...We open our place for the neighbors to get as much fertilizer as they need...Plus..Gifts of eggs, vegetables etc...Helps....

I have to say...I probably have the best neighbors you could ask for...

3. WriterofWords

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    I agree, I get along great with mine and they really keep an eye out for me when they can. I trade eggs or chicks and when I'm gone they'll water and feed for me. I'd much rather get along than fight with everyone!

4. ChevygirlBeth

ChevygirlBeth Chillin' With My Peeps

Great article. We recently moved where there are lots of neighbors and I worry about doing things here that make us happy, but may upset them. Some of the things the article mentioned, I have already planned to do, so it's nice to know that I'm on the right track! We've only met a few of the neighbors (most seem to keep to themselves it seems), but they like our eggs and seem excited that they're going to have cows in their backyard (our property runs behind their houses). They have let us know when anyone does something they're not supposed to on our property (like the person who tore up our pasture with their 4 wheeler... both neighbors made sure we knew who did it). I also found out that the one elderly couple (who I haven't met, but I know their nephew) loves to watch our chickens from their house! I thought that was cool. I hope to go visit them sometime and take them some eggs.

I'm hoping to host a neighborhood cookout sometime yet this spring to introduce people to us, our dreams, and our products [​IMG]

5. AngieChick

AngieChick Poultry Elitist

Nice article, Writer.

We are property hunting and are finding that most of the country properties around here are inhabited by city transplants who aren't using their property in the same way we intend to. So, I am sure that communication will play a big part in making sure everything goes well.

6. WriterofWords

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    Thanks, they usually have really good articles in their newsletters.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by