REALLY need help ID'ing these babies. Please.

luvmychicknkids

Canning Squirrel
11 Years
Mar 6, 2008
Floresville, Texas
Well, I finally got some TS chicks. We were taking numbers and standing in line to get them. I have no clue what most of them are. I got one Barred Rock....at least I know that. The woman there told me they get mostly RIR and Barred Rock. Anyway, here are the babies. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

First, my favorite, fuzzy, big, red and a dark grey. Her legs are pink with a hint of greyish.
chickie.jpg

Next is black and big. Tiniest hint of yellow on tummy and a reddish tint when the light hits her face. Legs are dark grey almost black.
chickie_2.jpg

Next I think is a black sex link? Mostly black with yellow wing tips, yellow rump, a little yellow on throat. Legs are dark grey.
chickie_3.jpg

These are a bit harder to see. First, soft yellow, dark grey, almost like a saddle of the grey on her back and grey speckles on her head. Pinkish grey tinted legs. Second, chipmunk chick...I really thought at first EE then realized her legs are yellow and no puffy cheeks. Last, the only thing I found close was Silver Spangled Hamburg? Very sofr yellow and chipmunk stripe of light grey and little grey splotches. Light grey legs.
chickies.jpg

And here is a group shot with everyone.
smile.png

chickies_2.jpg

Thanks in advance for any help figuring out whay my new cuties are!!!

Last edited:
I did not see anything that looked like a barred rock in that group. They will have a white patch on the top of the head but otherwise look a lot like the black one. The legs are yellow with a dark wash up the front of the shank, darker in males. The 'chipmunk' could also be a wyandotte as they have that pattern as well.

Richard

I know there is no barred Rock in these pics (well, somewhere in the last pic there is) because I KNOW what she is. These I don't so I put them here asking for help. But thanks.

Been eyeing this chicks for a little while... Here are my guesses...

The first one is a golden laced wyandotte, the second is a black sexlink, and the third I do not know...JMHO

Thanks......I was kinda wondering if the first one might be a wyandotte, but she has NO pattern at all....just the two colors blended together. I would love to have a couple of black sex links if they are anything at all like my red sex link. She is so pretty, sweet natured, and an excellent layer, so I would be happy with that for sure.

#1-gold laced wyandotte, with our silvers we hatched out some that are solid black with a litle color on the heads and they turned out normal color.
#2-black star
#3-australorp
#4- the chipmunk one is either a brown leghorn or possibly partridge rock, the others I cant tell

Thank you.....I just love your user name, BTW.
smile.png
Well, I went in a bit ago and stretched out the wing of the little monster in the first pic and her wing feathers do appear to have the lacing like the GLW I have (but they are so tiny to look at). That is cool, she is a wonderful chicken and I certainly don't mind another like her. The brown leghorns are so pretty and I love the partridge coloring so I would be thrilled with either of those too. As for the others, I am just really happy to be getting some more black chickens. I want a good color assortment.

Does anyone think it is possible that last chick in the third pic really is a silver spangled hamburg? she looks just like the baby pic I found but it only showed the front and not the back at all. That would be cool, those things are so pretty.

Back
Top Bottom